Monday, April 05, 2004

Tonight we have good news and bad news. The good news is that the searchable plan index and the plan images themselves are now part of the "search records" portion of the website. This means that the website will contain all of the information that is available on the public access computers at the registry. The bad news is that our computer company, ACS, tainted the launch of this new feature by allowing the website to go down for at least several hours this morning. I say at least several hours, because I don't know when the problem commenced, only that it was resolved at about 10 a.m. I still don't know what caused it to go down but I assume it was related to the modifications they made. Some of the recent modifications which they made without consulting with me, aren't needed and make the site even more difficult to use (i.e., having a "search by certificate" tab appear when you're still in recorded land). I'm trying to get that part of the site put back the way it was, but that will take some time. For all of you who were inconvenienced by this latest outage, I'm sorry for that, but you can be assured I'm doing my best to eradicate these kind of stupid mistakes.

No comments: