Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Real Estate Fascination

I sold real estate for ten years before coming to the Registry of Deeds. In both roles I have found that people in general are fascinated by real estate. For some it's just curiosity about what a house sold for (especially the neighbor's). Others want to make a fortune using the get rich quick techniques shown on late night television. At some point in my life I have been guilty of both (no, I never bought the tapes, honest). For this reason I still find a little bit of statistics intriguing. I hope you feel the same. Associated Press is reporting that Condominium prices in Massachusetts hit and all time high in July. According to the Massachusetts Association of Realtors median condo prices soared to $269,000. That figure is an increase of 14.7% from July 2003. Single family home prices are up 11% from last July but down 2.9% from last month. Over all, home prices are dramatically from 2003 but seem to have leveled off in June and July. Whether these trends continue is the subject for a future blog.

No comments: