Monday, April 11, 2005

Peanuts & Cracker Jacks?

Ah, Opening Day…the crack of the bat, the pop of leather gloves…the Red Sox. Nothing says spring more than baseball. I am far from a “FANatic”, but I do enjoy the sport. Admittedly, I am a fair-weather fan. My life became so much simpler once I admitted it to myself and others…the Sox lose…”ah, they stink”…the Sox win…”how about MY Sox”. With this in mind I offer the following Opening Day questions:
Would you, or anyone you know, spend the night sleeping on Lansdown Street for tickets to a baseball game?
If Schilling gave up eleven hits and seven runs to a minor league team last week…What do you think the Yankees are going to do to him on Wednesday?
Do you believe the rumor that the camera crazed Johnny Damon is really Matt’s paternal twin?
Nomar Who?
Do you think the Mets would trade Pedro to us for Wells?
Does anyone buy peanuts and Cracker Jacks at the ballpark anymore?
Can anyone afford to buy peanuts and Cracker Jacks at the ballpark anymore?
Why don’t professional ball players forget the illegal stuff and just start eating their Wheaties again?
Do you think it is possible that Kevin Millar’s great great grandfather was a bad speller?
Do you think the Sox can repeat?

No comments: