Monday, August 29, 2005

School Days


Last week I taught a course at the Massachusetts Collectors and Treasurers Association conference at UMass Amherst. The subject was the"Collector/Treasurer and the Registry of Deeds”. Even though the class is not required by the MCTA for certification the course was very well attended. The topic that brought the most questions and discussion was E-Recording. The group asked excellent questions that ranged from determining document authenticity to fee collection. By displaying copies of the Middlesex North computer screens I was able to demonstrate the E-Recording process...step by step. As expected the next most popular topic was the Internet. I was both surprised and encouraged when questions were asked about finding specific entries. It indicated to me that the Internet has become an important tool for professionals. It's interesting when I think about the entire program...I spent the most time talking about technology. I'll bet that wouldn't have been true ten years ago.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pregnant woman remodels her house while on bedrest
Heidi Toll went into premature labor at seven months, while rocking out at a Madonna concert.
Blogging is fun! You have a nice one. If you drink coffee then I would consider switching to healthy coffee

Anonymous said...

A real enlightening blog. Don't stop now. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell corporate management training on interest free credit.

Anonymous said...

Hi I just came across your blog.

I have a more web traffic site. It pretty much covers more web traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

For parents, movie theaters are a money pit
Yesterday on my personal blog , I ranted about the arrogance of movie theater representatives who don't want consumers to have access to DVDs of movies before they've finished their theatrical run.

Hi there,

nice blog, I stayed quite long reading interesting stuff. Good work. Think, I will
bookmark it an come back.

If you get some time, be sure to check out my new reservation travel york
related website.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a very interesting blog. I like your style and will definitely be coming back for more! Keep up the great work.

I've put together a Website devoted to las vegas hotel. You'll find plenty of good quality las vegas hotel information to keep you occupied there.

Anonymous said...

How your boss may have a hold on you
The battle royale between Microsoft and Google over the hiring of Kai Fu Lee has once again highlighted a fact of life for many employees in the technology industry that has long been a source of resentment if ...
Hey, awesome blog here! I'm definitely enjoyed the visit we had.I have a gaming site/blog. It pretty much covers the world of games from video to texas holdem related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. Here's the resolve a lot of people are searching for; superjoint ritual about info on superjoint ritual

Anonymous said...

IRANIAN judges have been given approval to carry guns and to use them if they feel threatened...
IRANIAN judges have been given approval to carry guns and to use them if they feel threatened after a judge was shot in an attack in Tehran.
what up, yo your blogg is like fo sure the bomb i will be back and tell others about it Please check out mysip phones site. I touch on sip phones related topics that you may find useful.

Anonymous said...

Verizon cuts EV-DO from $80 to $60
Yep, as expected Verizon Wireless dropped the price of their high-speed EV-DO BroadbandAccess Package from $79.99 to $59.99 when you sign up for a new two-year service agreement.
I am really impressed with your blog. Thanks!

Pheromone Cologne to Attract a Woman at pherlure Check Out pherlure and See Proof that pheromones really work!

Come and check it out if you get time :-)