Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Essex North oath of office ceremony

This morning I traveled to Lawrence for the oath of office ceremony for Paul Iannuccillo, the newly elected register of deeds for the Essex North District.  There is a formal oath ceremony this evening for all registers of deeds at the State House, but Paul and the other four newly elected registers were also required to take the oath before their respective registries opened for business today.  Because I am also a Commissioner to Qualify (i.e., someone authorized to administer oaths), I was able to participate directly in this morning's ceremony.  Paul had approximately 50 family members and other guests in attendance including former Essex North Register of Deeds Tom Burke (who retired in 2006).  Today was also my first visit to the Essex North Registry's quarters on the south bank of the Merrimack River in the same complex as Sal's Riverwalk (in fact, Lowell's John MacDonald who works in the same building was also at the ceremony).  Because of the official occasion, I didn't have time for a full tour but I'll return soon to see the entire operation.

No comments: