Friday, June 18, 2004

Last night's "Chronicle" TV show was very interesting. It focused on the real estate market in Massachusetts.
Our registry's statistics confirm what was reported regarding pricing. Very simply, home prices continue to rise. Interestingly, Lowell's prices are increasing as young people find the city more affordable than its surrounding suburban communities. Simultaneously, the suburbs are running out of land forcing housing prices even higher in those communities. Of course, the question becomes where will it end? I remember when I bought my first house. My father cautioned me, "are you sure you are not overpaying for this house?" Dad I replied, "it has 10 rooms, 2.5 baths, a fireplace and is on a cul-de-sac." "I don't know", he answered, "$60,000 sounds like highway robbery?"

No comments: