Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Yesterday we set up a recording terminal in our Customer Service Department. The terminal was formerly being used by the Middlesex South Pilot Office to produce Excise Stamps. Since the installation of the ACS system in Cambridge, the Pilot Office’s recording terminals are all capable of producing their own stamps. The new Customer Service terminal will be used to record Homesteads and Mortgage Discharges for walk in customers. Our objective is to make things easier and less confusing for those who are unfamiliar with the registry. This is the present procedure: a person comes to our Customer Service Department and fills out a Homestead form. We then send them to the Recording Counter to complete the transaction. Sounds simple…Well I’ll bet those of you who regularly frequent the registry have seen different. I remember the “registry” confusion I experienced before becoming an employee. I’ll never forget the feeling I had the first time I stared down the barrel of a full loaded recording terminal. I have been here for almost ten years now and still get a little nervous when I get near one. It’s true. If you don’t know the registry it “is” very intimidating. Hopefully, this new Customer Service terminal will eliminate this problem. It will allow, “one stop shopping” for the average consumer. In addition it can be used on busy days as an express terminal. This would minimize the wait for a person with only one document.

No comments: